Emulation Photographer

       For this emulation project, I am choosing the photographer Saul Leiter. A street photographer, Leiter has a distinct style of photography. The subjects of his photos tend to be obscured in some way, whether it be through a window, fog, or shadow. Many of his photographs exhibit strong geometric characteristics, something which I am greatly drawn to, as well as dramatic lighting and color. Leiter does not tend to focus on composition, but rather takes a photo of something he finds interesting at that moment. This could range anywhere from the silhouette of a man through rainy glass to a portrait of a woman crossing the street as seen from the inside of a car.
       Throughout this project, I will focus primarily on the way in which Leiter photographs his subjects. I find this to be an intriguing way of capturing a moment. I will also take into consideration the dramatic lighting and/or color that Leiter tends to produce.





Comments

Popular Posts